Monday, March 13, 2017

“It may make a difference to all eternity whether we do right or wrong today.”
By James Freeman Clarke

James Freeman  Clarke is trying to tell us that our decisions today will determine our future. This reminds me of a statement by Thomas S. Monson who also believed decisions determine destiny. I agree with both of these men because sometimes before I do something I think about the outcome and then decide if it's worth it or not.  I usually like to do this when i'm trying to keep myself from eating foods that are not good for me. I like to ask myself if that extra cookie is worth the struggle of losing it. I know that this example is more applicable for other people but I also think of things in the same was as Clarke. I usually like to think more along the lines of school. I like to think if it  is worth it staying up late trying to finish all my homework,. Before i make my decision I like to compare the pros with the cons. I usually think if the number of points is really worth staying up until 1 or 12am. I always do because I know that these homework points will affect my future grade. This is just one example but this came to show how I already use this statement in my life on the daily. I will plan to continue to live up to this statement because it has helped me be the best student I can be. I mean I can be better but that will require me to sacrifice a lot of my time and I am someone who like to enjoy life while i can but still plan for the future




Creds to Delia acedo

No comments:

Post a Comment